1. The winners in each category were probably well deserved, and it was good to see a lot of new and youngish names, even if traditional English music was not much represented. BUT each of the nominations was introduced by no more than a two second clip (I accept there are constraints of time) while the winners were given virtually no chance to showcase their music, either live or by means of a video, so that audience unfamiliar with them had no chance to sample their apparent excellence.
2. There were large video screens at the back of the stage, which were barely used. We had good seats towards the back of the auditorium, but would have enjoyed some close ups of the performers which were no doubt afforded to those streaming the ceremony at home.
3. What justification can there be for the TV licence payer in flying Ry Cooder and Al Stewart all the way from California,and allowing them to perform only one number each. A criminal waste!
4. Two much time was expended on introducing those handing out the awards, most of whom had only a tenuous connection to folk music. I would prefer to hear the music, rather than this tickling of egos.
5. Beer at £5.50 a pint just adds insult to injury!